- 250 g margarine
- 100 g brown sugar
- 4 tablespoon(s) honey
- 350 g oats
- 50 g nuts, finely chopped
- orange zest, of 2 oranges + extra for sprinkling
Nuts and Orange Oat Bars
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
Photo credit: G. Drakopoulos - Food Styling: T. Webb
- Preheat oven to 180* C (350* F) Fan.
- Heat the margarine, sugar and honey in a medium pan over low heat. Stir with a wooden spoon until the ingredients dissolve. Remove from heat.
- Add the oats, nuts and orange zest. Stir to combine.
- Line a 20 cm square baking pan with moistened parchment paper. Brush parchment with oil and press to fit into baking pan.
- Spread mixture in baking pan evenly.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Remove from pan. Cut into pieces and sprinkle with extra grated orange zest.
Nutrition information per portion
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by