- 50 g butter
- 200 g dark chocolate couverture, broken into pieces
- 1 ½ tablespoons honey
- 50 ml whiskey
- 90 g cookies
- 175 g dried fruits (raisins, cherries, apricots)
- 30 g hazelnuts
- 30 g Pistachio nuts
- 1 teaspoon cocoa power
- extra cocoa powder, for dusting
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
You can make this recipe with any of your favorite ingredients.. any way you like!
- Bring a pot full of water to a boil and lower heat so that the water is simmering. Place a metallic bowl over the water and add the chocolate and butter. Stir until the chocolate completely melts.
- Finely chop the dried fruits and nuts. Crush the cookies and add them to the bowl.
- As soon as the chocolate melts, remove from heat and add the cocoa powder, honey and whiskey. Stir until all of the ingredients are completely combined and become a creamy mixture.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the chopped fruit and nuts and mix well.
- Grease a 20x25 cm baking pan and line with a sheet of parchment paper.
- Spread mixture into pan evenly.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- When chilled and firm, remove from refrigerator.
- Dust with cocoa powder and cut into rectangular bars.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.