- olive oil, to sauté
- 1 large onion or 2 medium onions, cut in half and thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1 baguette, cut into thin, slices, cut at an angle
- 1 clove of garlic, cut in half
- 6 eggs, boiled, not completely hard
- 1 tablespoon chives or spring onion, finely chopped
- some apple cider vinegar
- 20 small anchovy fillets or 10 larger ones cut in half, excess oil removed
Egg and Anchovy Bruschetta
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
Photo credit: G. Drakopoulos - Food Styling: T. Webb
- Preheat oven to 150* C (300* F) Fan.
- Sauté the onion in a pan with a small amount of olive oil over low heat. You need to cook them for over half an hour to get them to turn golden, caramelize and sweeten. Stir less in the beginning and more often as time goes by so that they don’t burn.
- If you do not have so much time, you can add 1 teaspoon of sugar of 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar as they are cooking.
- Boil the eggs for 7 minutes (follow instructions here).
- Remove eggshells and allow to cool if needed.
- Cut up the eggs in a bowl with a fork. Toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil, onion and some apple cider vinegar.
- Season to taste.
- Brush the baguette slices with some olive oil and toast them for just a few minutes, until crunchy.
- Remove from oven and immediately rub with some garlic.
- To serve spread some caramelized onions over each baguette slice. Top with a large spoonful of the egg mixture and then an anchovy.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by