- 4 small green asparagus spears
- a handful of peas
- 10 radishes
- ¼ fennel bulb
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- a handful of rocket greens
- 4 slices of whole grain or whole wheat bread
- 150 g cream cheese
- 50 g parmesan cheese
- freshly ground pepper
- olive oil
Bruschetta with Vegetables and Cream Cheese
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
Photo credit: G. Drakopoulos - Food Styling: T. Webb
- Bring a pot full of salted water to a boil. Have a bowl full of ice cubes nearby.
- Cut the tips of the asparagus spears into 5-6 cm in length. Rinse and submerge them into the boiling water along with a handful of peas.
- Drain immediately and put in the bowl with the ice cubes. This process will help retain their color.
- Leave them in the ice for 2 minutes and drain with a slotted spoon. Place on a dry kitchen towel.
- Wash and clean radishes. Cut into thin slices with a mandolin.
- Wash the fennel bulb. Cut into thin strips, as thin as the radish slices.
- Wash and dry off the cherry tomatoes. Cut them in half or into 4 pieces.
- Toast the bread slices on one side.
- Spread cream cheese onto the slices. Place the cherry tomatoes in the center of each slice of bread. Then add the fennel strips, radish slices and the peas.
- Add the asparagus lengthwise.
- Add some parmesan flakes and top with some rocket.
- Add some fresh ground pepper, drizzle with some olive oil and serve!
- The secret is to use the freshest and smallest ingredients possible. It is a very simple recipe but if the proper ingredients are used, it will leave those who try it… speechless!!