- 250 g spinach
- 110 g self-rising flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 50 g unsalted butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 150 ml milk
- 6 medium spring onions (100 g total), very finely chopped
- 1 green horn pepper, finely chopped
- 100 g feta cheese
- olive oil, for frying
- Aromatic Lime Butter
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- In a large pan, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, spinach, salt and pepper. Lightly sauté over medium heat.
- When the spinach is ready, cool and press it with your hands to get as much of the liquid as you can out.
- Finely chop the spinach and set aside.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, egg, melted butter, salt, cumin and the milk in a large bowl. Beat with a hand whisk until smooth.
- Add the onions, peppers, feta and spinach. Mix again.
- Beat the egg whites into a stiff meringue. Add it, slowly, to the mixture. Gold in gently with a spatula so that it doesn’t lose any of its volume.
- Spread some butter onto the bottom of a large pan. Place over medium heat.
- You will need 2 tablespoons of batter to make each pancake. We want to make small pancakes, about 1 cm thick and 7 cm in diameter.
- Cook for 2 minutes on each side.
- Repeat process for each pancake.
- Serve with Aromatic Lime Butter.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.