- 20 eggs
- a generous amount of yellow onion layers
- ½ cup of wine vinegar
- 1 pair of women's stockings, cut in to pieces and wrapped around the eggs
- oil, for shining eggs
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
Give your Easter eggs shades of deep red with a marble effect!
- Wrap each egg in layers of onion and then wrap them with a piece of stockings. Tie it securely so the egg and the onions stay in place.
- You are trying to create a marble effect on the egg so the onions have to stay in place while cooking.
- Place a wide pot full of cold water and the vinegar over heat.
- Add the wrapped eggs in one layer.
- Slowly bring to a boil and cook for 20 minutes.
- When ready, remove from heat but do not remove the eggs from the pot. Let them cool in the water, stirring from time to time.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- The following day, remove from pot.
- Unwrap and lightly rinse without rubbing.
- Pour some oil on to a soft cloth and gently rub on to the eggs to make them shine.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.