- 2 potatoes, large
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- lemon juice, of 1/2 lemon
- lemon zest, of 1/2 lemon
- 1 egg yolk
- 150 g salmon, smoked, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 2 tablespoon(s) gluten-free flour
- sunflower oil, for the frying
- strained yogurt, to serve, optionally
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) chili flakes, optionally
Potato and salmon cakes
Gluten Free Diet
Excludes foods containing gluten, such as wheat, barley, rye and their by-products.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Boil the potatoes for 30-40 minutes over high heat (if you want, instead of boiling them, you can prick them with a fork on several spots and bake them in the microwave for 10 minutes or in the oven for 50 minutes).
- Peel them and mash the flesh by pressing it with a fork, inside a bowl, until the potato pieces are completely broken down.
- Allow 15 minutes for the potato mash to cool.
- Add the olive oil, the lemon zest and juice, the egg yolk, the salmon, the parsley, salt, pepper, and as much flour as needed in order to be able to shape the cakes with this mixture (if you choose to boil the potatoes, you may need a little more flour).
- Shape small cakes, 3 cm in diameter, and refrigerate them for at least 1 hour to thicken.
- Just before serving them, add them in a frying pan with sunflower oil or seed oil, about 1 cm deep, and fry them for 2-3 minutes on each side, until they are cooked through. Alternatively, you can bake them in the oven, at 180°C (350° F) for 20 minutes.
- Garnish them with finely chopped parsley while, if you want, you can serve them with yogurt sprinkled with chili flakes.
If you want, you can add several other vegetables to your potato cakes, like carrot or mushrooms.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by