- 4 medium potatoes, peeled
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 medium onion, sautéed
- 250 g tuna in oil, strained
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon mint, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- ½ cup ouzo
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- sunflower oil and some flour, for frying
- 1 teaspoon star anise, crushed with a mortar and pestle
- 5-6 fresh sprigs of thyme, finely chopped
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
Thanks to our member ΒΑΣΩ ΦΑΛΕΤΑ for this recipe!
- Cut the potatoes into thick pieces and boil in salted water for ½ hour.
- Add the bay leaf 10 minutes before they are done.
- Drain the potatoes, put them in a bowl and mash them with a fork.
- Drain all the oil from the tuna and add them to the bowl. Add the finely chopped onions, parsley, mint, thyme, salt pepper, ouzo, breadcrumbs and flour. Mix a little and then add the 2 eggs and the crushed star anise.
- Mix all of the ingredients until they are completely combined and the mixture comes together. Refrigerate for ½ an hour.
- Pour the sunflower oil into a wide pan (1 cm deep). Heat it until it gets very hot (180* C – 350* F).
- Pick up spoonfuls of the mixture and shape into small balls. Lightly dredge in flour and fry until golden brown.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.