Greek style pizza boats! Absolutely delicious with the combined tastes of Greek Kasseri cheese and spicy Soutzouki sausage. It will become your new favorite!
For the dough
- Beat the water, yeast, salt and sugar in a mixer on medium speed with the hook attachment.
- Add the hard flour and whole wheat flour and beat for another 8 minutes.
- Cover the mixing bowl with a towel and let the dough sit for about 1-1 ½ hours, until it doubles in size.
- Preheat oven to 180* C (350* F) Fan.
- When ready, divide the dough in to 5 equal sized pieces. Shape each piece in to a ball and gently roll out in to small ovals.
- Shape each oval in to a “boat” by lifting the edges of the oval and folding inward to create a border.
For the filling
- Combine the Kasseri cheese with the cream cheese or milk in a bowl.
- Divide the mixture between the pizza boats.
- Add some slices of soutzouki and tomato.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add the eggs.
- Bake for another 3 minutes, until the eggs are done and the dough is golden and crunchy.
- Brush with butter and serve.