- 2 teaspoons salt
- kernels of corn from ½ corn on the cob
- 1/3 cup oil
- 40 g butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
Photo credit: G. Drakopoulos - Food Styling: T. Webb
- Add oil to a pot, just enough to cover the bottom of the pot. Place over high heat.
- As soon as the oil is hot enough, add the kernels of corn.
- Cover pot with lid and shake the pot form time to time, until the corn starts to pop.
- Wait until you can’t hear any more corn popping to make sure they are all ready.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the butter, cayenne pepper, paprika and salt.
- Toss and divide into smaller bowls or as is!
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by