- 100 g ready-made buttered pop corn
- 125 g butter
- 220 g brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 4 teaspoons (levelled) baking soda
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven to 120* C (248* F) Fan.
- Place popcorn in a bowl.
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat. Add the brown sugar, honey and half of the coarse salt.
- Stir until the mixture is combined and the sugar melts.
- Turn up the heat and boil the mixture without stirring.
- Boil for 2-4 minutes, until the mixture turns into a caramel.
- Remove from heat and stir while adding the baking soda.
- Quickly pour the caramel over the popcorn. Mix until they are all completely coated.
- Spread the popcorn in a large baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Mix 2-3 times while baking.
- Remove from oven and immediately add the remaining coarse salt.
- Set aside to cool and break into pieces.
The popcorn can be stored in a sealed jar at room temperature, for up to 1 week!
You can also use any kind of flavored popcorn you might like.. but start off with the plain kind first…
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by