- 50 g cocoa powder
- 200 g chocolate couverture
- zest, of 2 oranges
- 75 g orange juice
- 150 g honey
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 100 g oats
- 80 g hazelnuts
- 80 g walnuts
- 100 g pistachios, salted
- 80 g coconut, grated
- 1 teaspoon(s) cinnamon, powder
- 60 g cranberries, dried
Chocolate energy bars with nuts
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Dairy Free Diet
Excludes foods such as milk, yoghurt, cheese and their by-products.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Break up the chocolate couverture into small pieces and transfer to a bowl.
- Add the orange zest, orange juice, honey and vanilla extract.
- Cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 2 ½ - 3 minutes to melt the couverture.
- In a blender, beat the oats until they are finely ground and transfer to a separate bowl.
- Beat the nuts and add them to the bowl with the oats. Add the ground walnuts, cinnamon, cranberries, cocoa powder and salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Remove the melted chocolate from the microwave and mix with a spoon. Add to the bowl with the rest of the ingredients and mix with your hands.
- Line a 10x30 cm baking pan with plastic wrap. Add the mixture, cover with plastic wrap and press down on it with your hands to flatten it out evenly. Fold the ends of the plastic wrap inward.
- Refrigerate for 3-4 hours so the mixture can chill and thicken.
- When ready, remove from refrigerator, place on a chopping board and cut into even sized pieces.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by