- 250 g all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons tsipouro (Greek pomace brandy)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 125 ml milk
- 125 ml water
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, leveled
- pinch of salt
- 200 g cottage cheese or xinomizithra (a traditional Greek fresh cheese)
- 100 g honey, for serving
- 200-300 ml sunflower oil, for frying
- 3-4 sprigs of thyme, only the leaves
Sweet Fritters with Fresh Cheese and Honey
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Combine the flour, salt and sugar in a bowl. Make a small well in the center of the mixture.
- In another bowl, combine the wet ingredients (milk, water, tsipouro and the lightly beaten eggs).
- Add the wet ingredients to the well you made in the dry ingredients. Start to mix with a fork, moving it in an outward circular motion, until a thick mixture is formed. All of the ingredients need to be very well incorporated.
- Set the mixture aside to rest and place a pan with sunflower oil over medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, add spoonfuls of the mixture to the oil. Make 3-4 fritters at a time. Fry for 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden.
- When they are all ready, remove from pan with a spatula. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels and allow them to drain from excess oil.
- Serve with crumbled fresh cheese, honey and fresh thyme leaves.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by