For the pan roasted tomatoes
- In a large bowl, add all of the ingredients apart from the tomatoes.
- Mix well with a spoon and then add the tomatoes.
- Gently mix to coat the tomatoes in the marinade.
- Place a pan over medium to high heat and wait for it to get very hot.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Preheat oven to 180* C (350* F) Fan.
- Place a pan over medium to high heat.
- Add a teaspoon of butter and let it melt.
- Add 2 slices of sandwich bread and toast for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Remove and keep warm. Repeat with the remaining slices of bread.
- When all 8 slices are ready, spread them out on a clean working surface.
- Spread a teaspoon of the mustard on one side of each slice.
- To 4 of the slices, add 1 slice of ham, 2-3 slices of pan roasted tomatoes and a piece of goat cheese.
- Cover with the remaining 4 slices of bread.
- Transfer to a nonstick baking pan.
- Bake for 5-8 minutes, until the cheese melts.
- Serve with spinach.