Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven to 180* C (350* F) Fan.
- Place a nonstick pan over medium to high heat.
- Sauté the bacon for 2-3 minutes on each side, until nice and crunchy.
- When ready, set aside on paper towels to drain.
- Wipe down pan with paper towels and place over medium to low heat.
- Add a teaspoon of butter and let it melt.
- Add 2 slices of sandwich bread and toast for 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden.
- When ready, remove from pan and repeat the same process with the remaining slices of bread.
- When all 8 slices of bread are ready, spread them out on a clean working surface.
- Spread a teaspoon of mayonnaise on one side of each slice of bread.
- Add 1 slice of cheddar, 2 slices of bacon and red pepper on half of the slices.
- Top with another slice of cheddar and cover with remaining 4 slices of bread.
- Transfer to a nonstick baking pan.
- You can insert toothpicks to keep the sandwiches together.
- Bake for about 5-8 minutes, until the cheese melts.
- Serve with fries!
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.