For the tomato jam
- Add half of the tomatoes in a food processor, along with the rest of the ingredients, and process until they are mashed.
- Cut the remaining tomatoes into 0.5 cm cubes and set them aside until needed.
- Add the puree into a saucepan over high heat and, as soon as it comes to a boil, lower the heat and add the tomato cubes.
- Keep boiling for 15 minutes, until the jam thickens.
- Transfer it to a sterilized jar and store it in the refrigerator.
For the cheese croquettes
- In a food processor add all the ingredients for the croquettes and process until there is a homogenized mixture. Add the mixture into a bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate it for at least 1 hour, until it is chilled.
- With your hands, knead and shape small balls (croquettes), 15 g each.
- Dredge the croquettes into the flour, then dip them into the egg, the sesame seeds, again into the egg, and then again into the sesame seeds.
- In a deep frying pan, add seed oil to a depth of 2-4 cm, and heat it until it reaches 170°C (340° F). If the temperature is higher, the croquettes may fall apart.
- Fry the cheese croquettes until they are nicely golden.
- Remove from the pan and place them on a plate with paper towels.
- Serve with the jam and the mint leaves.