- 500 g cow butter
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Gluten Free Diet
Excludes foods containing gluten, such as wheat, barley, rye and their by-products.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Cut the butter into pieces and melt it in a large pot over medium-low heat without stirring.
- As soon as the butter melts, you will notice that the milk solids (the white part) of the butter stay at the bottom of the pot, while the butterfat (the transparent part) is at the surface.
- Increase the heat a little, and after 1-2 minutes, the milk solids will start becoming brown instead of white. At this point, remove the pot from the heat and let the butter rest for 10 minutes.
- With a ladle, take the transparent liquid from the pot and transfer it into a bowl. This is butter ghee.
- Discard the “burnt” milk solids.
- From the 500 g butter you melt, you will get about 375 g ghee in total.
Store it into jars for as long as you want. Since you have clarified the butter well and kept only the fat, the mixture does not go bad.
You can consume it either raw or cooked.
Nutrition information per 100 gr.
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by