- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 100 g sun dried tomatoes
- 25 g butter
- 30 g brown sugar
- 500 g carrots
- 100 g water
- 140 g tofu
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teasspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- rocket leaves, for serving
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven to 180* C (350* F) Fan.
- Place a pan over medium heat.
- Add the olive oil and let it get hot.
- Add the onion and sauté for 3-5 minutes, until it caramelizes.
- Thinly slice the sun dried tomatoes and transfer to a bowl.
- Add the sautéed onions to the bowl and mix with a spoon.
- Place the same pan over medium heat.
- Add the butter and brown sugar.
- Peel the carrots and cut them in to diagonal slices that are 0.5 cm thick.
- Add them to the pan along with the water and cook for 15 minutes, until the water reduces and the carrots soften.
- When ready, remove from heat and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add the tofu, paprika, olive oil, salt, pepper, thyme and cumin. Mix with a spoon and set aside.
- Spread the carrots on the bottom of a 25 cm baking pan.
- Spread the onions and sun dried tomatoes over them.
- Over that, add the tofu.
- Cover with the puff pastry sheet and press the edges downwards until the puff pastry touches the bottom of the pan.
- Make small openings over the surface of the puff pastry with a sharp knife.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until golden.
- When ready, remove from oven and set aside for about 5 minutes before removing from pan.
- To serve, turn carrot tart over onto a plate and top with rocket leaves.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.