- Preheat oven to 180* C (350* F) Fan.
- Remove the stems from the Portobello’s and carefully remove the gills which are the dark part.
- If you want, you can remove the thin layer of “peel” from the caps with your hands by pulling from the outer edge toward the center. This way your Portobello’s will be white.
- Place them in a baking pan, one next to the other, cap side down.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until they soften.
- When ready, remove from oven and set aside to cool.
For the 1st type of filling
- Place a nonstick pan over medium heat and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- When it gets hot, add the eggs and fry them for 2-3 minutes.
- Carefully remove them from the pan and place them over the Portobello’s.
- Sprinkle with some finely chopped parsley and season with salt and pepper.
For the 2nd type of filling
- Cut the carrot and zucchini in to thin rounds that are 0.5-1 cm.
- Place a pot over high heat and add water.
- Boil the vegetables for 3-5 minutes, until they soften.
- When ready, drain, rinse with cold water and set them aside to cool.
- In a bowl, combine the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Add to the vegetables and toss.
- Serve over Portobello’s.
For the 3rd type of filling
- Place a pot filled with water over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Add the quinoa and boil for 10-15 minutes.
- When ready, drain and set aside to cool.
- In a pan, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add the onion, garlic and spinach. Sauté until it wilts.
- When ready, add the quinoa, ricotta, salt and pepper.
- Stir with a wooden spoon, until all of the ingredients are completely combined and the ricotta is evenly distributed.
- Fill the Portobello’s and serve.
For the 4th type of filling
- Finely chop the vegetables and place in a bowl.
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix with a spoon until combined.
- Fill Portobello’s and serve.
For the 5th type of filling
- Cut the cherry tomatoes and mozzarella balls into thin slices.
- Place the slices over the Portobello’s alternating between mozzarella and cherry tomatoes.
- Serve with pesto sauce.