- 80 g brown sugar
- 100 g honey
- 100 g vegetable oil
- 400 g oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 120 g almond slivers
- 50 g dried cranberries
- 50 g golden raisins
- 150 g dark chocolate couverture, finely chopped
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Dairy Free Diet
Excludes foods such as milk, yoghurt, cheese and their by-products.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven to 160* C (320* F) Fan.
- Heat the sugar, honey and vegetable oil in a pan. Just heat through, do not bring to a boil.
- Add the oats and aromatics. Stir well with a wooden spoon. The sugar will not melt completely.
- Transfer mixture to a 23x35 cm nonstick baking pan and press down on it with the bottom of a drinking glass to spread it evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- When ready, remove from oven and set it aside for 30 minutes to cool.
- Break the granola apart with your hands but leave some larger pieces also.
- Combine with the rest of the ingredients (chocolate, cranberries, raisins and almond slivers and store in a jar.
- Serve with milk or yogurt.
Nutrition information per 100 gr.
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.