- 4 tablespoons oats
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- handful of almonds
- 2 pears, skin on, cut in to pieces, core and seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons coconut, grated or shavings
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- juice from 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 4 dates
2 medium bowls
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
Bircher muesli is nothing more than a mixture of fruit, cereal, nuts, seeds and a dairy base that is chilled overnight so that it can be served as the perfect breakfast that will keep you full and energized for many hours.
- Cut the pear in half. Remove the core and seeds and chop in to small pieces.
- Add half of the lemon juice and toss.
- In a food processor, add the oats, chia seeds, almonds, coconut, cocoa powder, tahini, cinnamon, vanilla, almond milk and dates.
- Beat for 20 seconds, until the ingredients have broken down but not completely. You want to have pieces in the mixture.
- Divide the mixture in to 2 serving glasses or bowls and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight so that the mixture can chill and become firm.
- The chia seeds create a gel that will help the mixture stiffen.
- Serve with your choice of nuts and fruit.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.