- 400 g oats
- 80 g coconut, grated
- 50 g flax seeds
- 150 g nuts, finely chopped
- 50 g cocoa powder
- 90 g butter or coconut butter, melted + extra for brushing
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 120 g honey or agave syrup
- 50 g coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 50 g dark chocolate couverture drops
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven to 160* C (320* F) Fan.
- Grease a shallow pan with some butter.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, coconut, flax seeds and nuts with a spoon.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together all of the remaining ingredients apart from the chocolate drops, until completely combined.
- Transfer wet mixture into the dry mixture with the oats and mix with a spatula until all of the ingredients are completely combined.
- Transfer mixture to a baking pan and spread it evenly.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, mix with a spatula and bake for another 15 minutes.
- When ready, remove from oven and allow to cool on the kitchen counter or on a wire rack.
- When cool, add the chocolate drops, mix and store in a sealed container.
- Serve with milk or yogurt.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.