- 2 ripe avocados
- 80 g shredded coconut (dried)
- 1 egg, free range
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- freshly ground pepper
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven to 220* C (428* F) Fan.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Prepare the avocados
- Slice each half lengthwise to create 4-6 slices that will become chips.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg. Add the salt, freshly ground pepper, maple syrup, paprika and mustard. Whisk until completely combined.
- In another bowl, add the coconut.
- Dip the avocado slices in to the egg mixture until completely coated.
- Then, dredge in the coconut and transfer to baking pan.
- Bake for 6 minutes on both sides.
- Serve warm or cold with ketchup.
You can serve these delicious avocado and coconut chips as an appetizer or a side dish. They are perfect with hamburgers!
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by