- 1 cauliflower, large
- 1 onion, large
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin ( ½ + 1)
- 1 ½ liters water
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1 teaspoon curry paste
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 400 g coconut milk
- parsley, finely chopped, for serving
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, for serving
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven to 180* C (350* F) Fan.
- Chop the cauliflower into florets, thinly slice the onion and cut the garlic clove in half.
- Transfer to a bowl and mix.
- Add the olive oil, paprika, ½ teaspoon cumin and mix well.
- Transfer vegetables to a baking pan and roast for 25-30 minutes.
- While the vegetables are cooking, place a pot over medium heat and add the water, vegetable bouillon, curry paste, 1 teaspoon cumin, coriander, smoked paprika and turmeric. Heat until the water starts to simmer.
- When the vegetables are ready, remove from oven and add to the simmering pot. You can keep some of the cauliflower florets for serving if you like.
- Lower heat, add the salt and pepper. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender to beat the soup until smooth and velvety.
- Add the coconut milk and check seasoning.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, garnish with cauliflower florets, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.