- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons bukovo pepper flakes
- 4 medium sized tomatoes, cut into 6 pieces
- 1 small white onion, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 80 g dark chocolate couverture, finely chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
- To serve – yogurt, avocado slices, cilantro leaves and pita bread cut into small triangles.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
Photo credit: G. Drakopoulos - Food Styling: T. Webb
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a pot and place over medium heat. Add the tomatoes, bukovo pepper flakes and onion. Sauté for about 10 minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon when necessary.
- Transfer to a blender along with the garlic, cinnamon, sugar and cumin. Puree until very smooth and pour back into pot.
- Add the stock and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring every so often.
- Remove from heat. Add the chocolate and stir to combine. Season to taste.
- Serve the soup in bowls. Top with a spoonful of yogurt. Garnish with some avocado slices, fresh cilantro and some pita bread cut into small squares.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.