- 450 g chicken, breast, without bone and skin, cut into 1 cm cubes
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 carcass, chicken
- 1 onion, medium, coarsely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 stick(s) celery, peeled from fibers and cut into pieces
- 2 clove(s) of garlic
- 100 g white wine
- 700 g water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 10 sprig(s) thyme, fresh + extra to serve (only the leaves)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 250 g milk
- lemon juice, of 1 lemon
- 100 g kasseri cheese, grated + extra to serve
- almonds, lightly crumbled, to serve
- 2-3 pita breads, cut into triangles, to serve
Chicken soup with pita bread
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Place a deep pot over medium heat and add the olive oil and butter.
- When they get hot, add the chicken breasts -after seasoning them- and sauté from all sides.
- Remove them and place them onto a plate.
- Add into the pot the carcass, onion, carrot, celery, the cloves of garlic whole, and sauté them over low heat -you do not want them to turn golden, just to soften and remove their water a little.
- Deglaze the pot with the wine, and when it almost completely evaporates, add the water and bouillon cubes.
- After they come to a boil, add the thyme.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes. If needed, add water.
- Remove the carcass.
- Make the soup smooth into a food processor or with an immersion blender, pour it into the pot again, and simmer for 10 more minutes. In the last 5 minutes, add the chicken breasts, milk, and lemon juice.
- Remove from the heat, add the cheese, mix, and let the soup thicken for 10 minutes.
- Serve it with thyme, grated kasseri cheese, almonds, and accompany it with pita breads, which you have firstly fried a little to make crispy.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*The nutritional chart and the symbols refer to the basic recipe and not to the serving suggestions.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by