- 1.2 to 1.5 kilos grouper or sea bass, cleaned and gutted
- 1 onion, peeled
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 1 cm slices
- 2-3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 4 celery stalks
- 4-5 sprigs of thyme
- 1-2 sprigs of rosemary
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 2 lemons
- olive oil
- 1 ½ liters water
Greek Sea Bass Soup
1 hour 10 minutes
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
Fish Soup - Ψαρόσουπα
- Place the fish in a pot along with about 1 ½ liters of water that is barely covering it.
- Add the bouillon cube, salt, pepper, thyme and rosemary. Cover and boil over medium heat for 30-35 minutes.
- When ready, carefully remove the fish and transfer to a platter. Set aside.
- Drain the broth and pour it back into the pot. Add the carrots, potatoes, onion, celery, lemon juice and cover.
- Boil for about 20-30 minutes until the vegetables soften.
- When ready, remove the bones from the fish.
- Serve fish with vegetables and soup.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by