- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 small potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 cm cubes
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 0.5 cm slices
- 1 small head of Chinese lettuce, cut into 0.5 cm slices
- 1 liter water, chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1 small bunch of rocket (1-2 cups)
- 200 g salmon, roasted or smoked
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
Photo credit: G. Drakopoulos - Food Styling: T. Webb
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the onions, potatoes, garlic and carrots. Cook for 5-8 minutes, until the vegetables start to turn light golden.
- Add the Chinese lettuce and cook for a few more minutes.
- Add the water or stock. Turn up heat and bring to a boil. When it starts to boil, lower the heat and simmer for 10-12 minutes, until the lettuce softens.
- Remove from heat and set it aside to cool for 15 minutes. Add the rocket.
- Beat the mixture in a food processor until it is smooth. Season to taste.
- When smooth, heat the soup again over low heat.
- Serve in bowls. Top with salmon and pomegranate seeds.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by