- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cauliflower
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 liter chicken stock or 1 liter of water and 2 chicken bouillon cube
- 50 g parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and freshly ground pepper
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
Photo credit: G. Drakopoulos - Food Styling: T. Webb
- Remove the leaves and cut the cauliflower into florets. Peel the stem and cut it into pieces.
- Sauté the onions with some olive oil in a wide pot over medium heat. Cook for about 5 minutes, until they soften.
- Add the garlic and sauté for another 1-2 minutes. Do not give them any color.
- Add the cauliflower and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the stock. Lower heat and cover pot. Let it simmer for about 15 minutes, until the cauliflower softens.
- Remove from heat. Beat the mixture in a blender and return to pot.
- Add the grated parmesan and stir until it melts.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve warm!
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.