- 1 kilo champignon mushrooms
- 1 liter milk
- 100 g white wine
- 2 onions, cut into rounds
- 3 sprig(s) rosemary
- 2 clove of garlic
- 5 slices bacon, for serving
Velvet Mushroom Soup
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
One of the richest and tastiest soups… Beautiful and velvety. I am not adding heavy cream but milk. It is enough to give the soup a fabulous texture.
- Slice the onions into rounds.
- Mince the garlic.
- Place a pot over medium heat. Add the olive oil and sauté the onions and garlic. Stir with a wooden spoon. Season with salt and pepper. Try adding a pinch of sugar to help them caramelize.
- Add the 3 sprigs of rosemary. You will remove them later on. Add the white wine and wait until it evaporates completely.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté for a few minutes.
- Lower the heat and add the milk. Cover the pot with some plastic wrap and simmer for 30-40 minutes, until they soften.
- When ready, remove from heat. Remove and discard the rosemary.
- Beat the soup with an immersion blender or in a regular blender, in batches. If you don’t want such a thick soup, add a little water while beating. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Heat a nonstick pan over high heat. When it is very hot add the bacon and brown on both sides until it is crunchy. When ready, finely chop with a knife.
- Sprinkle with some finely chopped bacon and serve.
For soups, the white onions are a better choice than the red ones because they have a more sugary flavor!
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by