- 150 g ham, smoked
- 1 onion
- 3 clove(s) of garlic
- 500 g champignon mushrooms
- 800 g canned tomatoes
- 200 g sweet trahana pasta
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- thyme, dry
- 2 pinches granulated sugar
- 2-3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
Greek Sweet Trahana Pasta Soup
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
This is quite a different and delicious soup that you will go crazy over!
Trahana is a type of Greek “country” pasta, made out of wheat – bulgur or cracked wheat, flour – semolina flour or a mix of semolina and flour and milk or yogurt. There’s the sweet trahana made with sheep or goat’s milk and the sour trahana made from milk and yogurt.
- Place a pan over high heat. Sauté the cubes of ham for about 3-4 minutes without any oil, until it browns a little.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons olive oil, onion and garlic.
- Lower heat to medium. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the thyme and mushrooms. Sauté for about 5-10 minutes, until any liquid has evaporated.
- Add the cans of chopped tomatoes, 2 pinches of sugar, salt, pepper, sweet trahana pasta, bouillon cube and 5 cups of water.
- Simmer for 18-20 minutes over very low heat, until the trahana pasta is done.
- Season to taste and serve.
Serve with crumbled feta cheese, crushed barley rusks, parsley and spring onions!
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by