- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 red horn pepper – Florinis
- 30 g fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 600 g canned tomatoes
- 200 g water
- 200 g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 6 cod fillet slices 100g/each
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, finely chopped
Gluten Free Diet
Excludes foods containing gluten, such as wheat, barley, rye and their by-products.
Dairy Free Diet
Excludes foods such as milk, yoghurt, cheese and their by-products.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Sugar Free Diet
Limits all sources of added sugar and encourages the reduction of high carbohydrate foods that may even contain natural sugars. Usually substitutes are used, such as honey, stevia and agave syrup.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Finely chop the garlic, red pepper and ginger.
- Place a wide pot over medium heat and let it get hot.
- Add the garlic, red pepper and ginger. Sauté for 1-2 minutes, until golden.
- Add the turmeric, cumin and fennel seeds.
- Stir with a wooden spoon and sauté so they can release their aromas.
- Add the canned tomatoes, water, salt and pepper.
- Stir and bring to a boil.
- Add the broccoli florets and cod fillets.
- Cook for 6-8 minutes, until the fillets are ready and the sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat, add the fresh coriander, season to taste and serve.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.