For the stuffed calamari
- Place a grill pan over high heat.
- To make the filling, combine the cheese, spring onion, garlic, pepper and sun dried tomatoes in a bowl.
- Put the calamari on some paper towels. Cover with more paper towels and press down on them so they can soak up most of the moisture.
- Fill the calamari with the filling, dividing it evenly and close the opening of each calamari with a toothpick.
- Drizzle with some olive oil and lay them in the grill pan.
- Cook for 1 ½ minute on each side (If you don’t cook them for this exact time then you will have to cook them for 30 minutes. There is NO middle ground).
- When ready, remove from pan, cover with aluminum foil and set aside for 2-3 minutes.
For the salad
- Remove the stems from the base of the finochio and reserve the tender green leaves to garnish the salad.
- Cut the finochio in half. Remove the outer leaves if they seem dried out or wilted and cut the rest in to thin slices with a sharp knife. If you have a mandolin, it will work even better.
- Arrange the leaves and slices of finochio on a serving platter. Add the lime zest, lime juice, 1-2 tablespoons honey, salt and pepper. Lightly toss so that they can marinate.
For the pesto sauce
- Beat the garlic and olive oil in a food processor, until the garlic has completely dissolved.
- Add the cashews and basil. Beat.
- Add the parmesan and beat for 5-10 seconds.
- Season to taste and your pesto sauce is ready.
Serve the calamari in pieces over the salad. Drizzle with pesto sauce and garnish with sourdough bread and lime wedges.