- 800 g flounder filet
- 4 zucchini (cut into thin strips)
- 400 g cherry tomatoes (most of them cut in half, the rest we leave whole)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 bunch of parsley
- your choice of aromatics
- 1 cup of white wine
- ½ cup olive oil
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
Photo credit: G. Drakopoulos - Food Styling: T. Webb
Surrounded by the rain and the cold, I wanted to prepare something that would bring back memories of summer. I came up with a recipe with tomato and fish that is light and summery. It’s actually a Neapolitan recipe that you really should try. The “crazy water” is used often by the Neapolitans. It’s essentially the process of poaching all of the ingredients in a broth made out of water, wine, oil, tomato and aromatics. Let’s prepare the fish in crazy water today! Healthy and tasty, infused with gentle aromas.
- In a large pan, prepare the crazy water, by adding 3 cups of water, 1 cup of wine, ½ a cup of oil and the garlic, whole. Boil for 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped cherry tomatoes, lots of coarsely chopped parsley, aromatics, salt and pepper. Do not cover the pan.
- 5 minutes later, add the zucchini strips and boil for 1 minute, until tender.
- Remove and strain.
- Put the fish fillets in to the crazy water. Let them boil for 5 minutes with the lid on. Add the olives. (Cook the fish depending on how thick the pieces are. 5 minutes is usually enough for flounders).
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.