For the Masala paste
- Finely chop the onion and ginger.
- In a food processor, add all of the ingredients for the Masala paste.
- Beat until completely combined and you create a smooth paste. If needed, add 1-2 tablespoons of water.
- Brush the Masala paste over the sea basses.
- Allow the fish to marinate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180* C (250* F) Fan.
- Transfer fish, paste side up, to a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes.
For the aromatic yogurt sauce
- Finely chop the spring onions.
- In a food processor, add the yogurt, lime juice, lime zest, sugar and spring onions.
- Beat for 1-2 minutes, until completely combined.
- The yogurt should be slightly green and aromatic.
For the pickled onions
- Cut the onions into rings that are 2-3 mm thick.
- In a bowl, add the lime juice, sugar and onions.
- Mix well with your hands and set it aside for ½ an hour.
For the pickled celery
- Use a vegetable peeler to remove the fibers from the celery and cut into slices that are 2-3 cm thick. Transfer to a bowl.
- In a small saucepan, add the white wine vinegar and sugar.
- Place over medium to low heat and allow to cook for 3-4 minutes, until the sugar dissolves.
- Whisk and pour the mixture over the celery. Mix and set it aside to cool for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the fish from the oven and serve with basmati rice, aromatic yogurt sauce, pickled onions and pickled celery.
- Sprinkle with finely chopped parsley and serve.