- In a bowl, add the prawns, salt, pepper and olive oil. Toss to coat.
- Spread a thin strip of shredded phyllo dough – kataifi – on a clean working surface and wrap around a prawn.
- Drizzle with olive oil and wrap the phyllo tighter around the prawn by rolling it on the working surface. Follow the same process until all of the prawns and kataifi phyllo are finished.
- Transfer wrapped prawns to a baking pan, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30-60 minutes to set.
For the sweet and sour sauce
- Place a deep pan over heat.
- Add the orange zest, orange juice, chili flakes, honey and pomegranate balsamic vinegar to the pan.
- Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Allow the sauce to cool and thicken.
For the prawns
- Place a deep pan with a generous amount of sunflower oil over medium heat and let it get hot. The oil should be heated to 180* C (350* F).
- Use a slotted spoon to add a few wrapped prawns to the hot oil. Do this very gently and slowly so that they don’t unwrap.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes, until the kataifi is golden and crispy. Transfer to a baking pan lined with paper towels to drain.
- Serve prawns with sweet and sour sauce, thyme, sage and basil.