Photo credit: G. Drakopoulos - Food Styling: T. Webb
This is a great idea to use for left over fish, whether they have been grilled or fried!
- Remove skin and bones from fish.
- Place the pieces of fish in a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients for fish mixture.
- Mix with a fork and mash slightly until the mixture comes together.
- Moisten your hands and shape the mixture into whatever shape you would like for your croquettes. Transfer to a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Place in freezer for at least 3 hours.
- At this point you can put them in a bowl or a resealable bag and cook them when needed. They can be stored in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- Remove the croquettes from the freezer. Dredge them in flour first, then in egg (lightly beaten) and then roll them in the breading to coat.
- Fill a wide, shallow pan with olive oil until it reaches 2 cm in height. Heat oil to 180* C (350* F).
- Fry croquettes until golden brown and crunchy all over.
- Remove from pan and allow to drain on a plate lined with a few layers of paper towels.
- Serve with some mayonnaise.