For the sea bass
- Preheat oven to 180* C (350* F) Fan.
- Peel the hard, outer leaves of the finocchio and cut into 3 mm diagonal slices.
- Fill the belly of the fish with lemon slices and half of the finocchio slices.
- In a bowl, combine the water and coarse salt, until you create a paste.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and add a layer of the salt mixture on the bottom.
- Add the sea bass over the salt, add the remaining slices of finocchio and then cover fish with a layer of the salt mixture.
- Garnish with the star anise and lemon slices.
- Bake for about 40 minutes.
For the olive oil and lemon sauce
- In a measuring jug, add the olive oil, lemon, mustard, oregano, salt and pepper. Mix with an immersion blender to emulsify.
- If your sauce becomes to thick, dilute with a little bit of water.
- Serve your sea bass on a serving platter, garnished with some thyme and accompany with olive oil and lemon sauce. You can also pour the sauce over the fish if you like.