- 300 g mussels in shell, deshelled
- 300 g fresh mussel meat
- 1 onion, large
- 1 clove of garlic
- 4 spring onions
- 2 bay leaves
- pinch of sugar
- 50 g white wine
- 300 g arborio rice
- 1 vegetable cube, diluted in 1.200 g boiling water or 1.200 g vegetable stock
- grated zest and juice from 2 lemons
- ½ bunch dill, finely chopped
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- grated zest of 1 lemon, for serving
- 1 lemon, for serving
- 1 tbsp dill, for serving
- olive oil, for serving
Lemon Rice with Mussels – Midopilafo
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Place a pan over medium to high heat and let it get very hot.
- Coarsely chop the onion, garlic and spring onions.
- Add 4 tablespoons of olive oil into the hot pan.
- Add the chopped vegetables, the bay leaves, salt, pepper and sugar. Sauté for 2-3 minutes until they caramelize nicely.
- Add the wine and stir until it evaporates.
- Add the rice and gradually add the hot stock.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes while stirring often over a medium heat, until the rice softens.
- 2-3 minutes before the rice is ready, add lemon juice, lemon zest and the mussels.
- Cover pan with lid, lower heat and wait for 2-3 minutes until the mussels open.
- Take off the heat, remove the lid and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, dill and salt and pepper if needed.
- Remove the bay leaves and serve with lime wedges, dill, freshly ground pepper, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and lemon zest.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by