- 250 g macaroni
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 20 g ouzo
- 340 g canned octopus SAFCOL in spicy sauce (2 cans)
- 4-5 sprigs fresh thyme, only the leaves
- olive oil
Greek Spicy Octopus and Macaroni
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Boil the macaroni in a pot full of salted, boiling water. Cook it 2-3 minutes less than the directions on the package.
- Drain and toss with some olive oil. Set aside.
- Finely chop the onion and garlic.
- Place a pan over medium to high heat and let it get hot.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the onion.
- Sauté for 2-3 minutes, until it softens.
- Add the garlic and sauté for about ½ a minute.
- Add the ouzo and let it cook for 1-2 minutes until the alcohol evaporates.
- Add the 2 cans of octopus and the macaroni.
- Season to taste. (The sauce from the cans is already seasoned and spicy so taste it before you season with salt and pepper.)
- Cook for 1-2 minutes, until the sauce thickens.
- Add the thyme and serve with some extra virgin olive oil.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by