- 2 cucumbers, small, peeled and seeded, cut into 1 cm cubes
- 1/2 pineapple, peeled and cut into 1 cm cubes
- 2 chili peppers, small, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 onion, red, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon(s) salt, coarse
- 110 g granulated sugar
- 250 g apple cider vinegar
- 1 liter water
- 350 g red rice
- seed oil, for the frying + 1 teaspoon for the tuna
- 4 wonton wrappers, each one cut into 2 triangles
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 60 g soy milk
- 1 teaspoon(s) mirin
- 2 teaspoon(s) sesame seeds, white, + extra, to serve
- 2 teaspoon(s) sesame seeds, black+ extra, to serve
- 400 g tuna, steak, (sushi-grade), cut into 1 cm cubes
- 3 spring onions, cut into thin slices
- 200 g cabbage, cut into thin strips
Fresh tuna poke bowl
Dairy Free Diet
Excludes foods such as milk, yoghurt, cheese and their by-products.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- In a bowl mix the cucumbers, pineapple, chili peppers, onion, and 1 teaspoon of the salt.
- At the same time, in a saucepan add the sugar, the apple cider vinegar, 250 g water, and bring them to a boil. Stir until the sugar melts. Remove from the heat and set the mixture aside to cool.
- Transfer the cucumber mixture into a strainer, rinse it well, and add it to the vinegar mixture. Let it marinate for 1 hour and refrigerate it until chilled.
- At the same time, add the rest of the water along with the rice into a saucepan, and boil for 20 minutes with the lid on.
- Remove to rice from the heat and set it aside for 5 minutes to absorb all the liquids.
- Add seed oil into a frying pan, until it is 1 cm deep, and fry the wonton wrappers in it.
- Remove them and drain them onto some kitchen paper towel.
- Remove most of the oil from the frying pan and fry the slightly beaten eggs into the remaining oil, like making an omelet.
- Remove the omelet from the frying pan and cut into thin strips.
- In a bowl mix the soy sauce, the mirin, the seed oil, and the sesame seeds. In this mixture, mix in the tuna and marinate it for 5 minutes.
- Divide the rice into the bowls, add the tuna on top, the pineapple mixture, the omelet, spring onions, cabbage, and the wonton wrappers.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds over the tuna, and serve.
You don’t like the idea of raw fish? No problem! You can lightly sauté it before adding it to your bowl.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by