- 1 kilo mussels, in shell
- 150 g water
- coarse salt, for the pan
- 150 g crumb of bread, ground
- 70 g olive oil
- 50 g parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 2 pinches salt
Baked stuffed mussels
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven to 230* C (446* F) Fan.
- Place the mussels and water in a wide pot with a lid and place over high heat.
- As soon as they come to a boil, boil for 4-5 minutes, until the mussels open up on their own.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the opened mussels to a bowl and discard any closed ones. Reserve the broth.
- Remove one side of the shell and keep the mussel on the other half of the shell.
- Spread the coarse salt on the bottom of a baking pan and place the mussels on the shell on the salt. Drizzle with some of the broth.
- In a bowl, combine the bread, olive oil, parmesan, garlic, parsley, oregano and salt.
- Divide the mixture equally over the mussels.
- Bake for 15 minutes and serve
After boiling the mussels, keep only the ones that open on their own. Discard the ones that remain closed, since it is a sign that they are bad.
Rate this recipe You need to login