For the carrot cake
- Preheat oven to 180* C (360* F) Fan.
- Line a bowl with a clean kitchen towel.
- Grate the carrots into the bowl, using the large blades.
- Wrap them in the towel and wring thoroughly in order to remove as much of the moisture from the carrots as possible.
- Transfer to a clean bowl and add the eggs, brown sugar and seed oil. Whisk.
- In a separate bowl, add all of the dry ingredients; the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cloves, nutmeg and cinnamon. Mix with a spoon.
- Add the dry mixture to the bowl with the grated carrots and mix with a spatula until completely combined.
- Grease three 20 cm baking pans with butter and dust with flour.
- Divide the cake batter between the 3 pans.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- When ready, remove from oven and allow to cool for 1 hour.
For the cream cheese frosting
- Beat the butter, icing sugar and vanilla extract in a mixer for 3-4 minutes using the paddle attachment, until light and fluffy.
- Add the cream cheese and beat for 2-3 minutes until completely incorporated.
- Use a knife to slice off the top part of the cakes to make their surface flat and even.
- Place one of the layers on a serving platter and spread 1/3 of the frosting over it.
- Add a few pieces of the top part of the cakes you sliced off so that when the second layer of cake is placed over them they won’t allow the frosting to spread.
- Cover with the second layer of cake and spread another 1/3 of the frosting and add some more pieces of cake over it.
- Cover with the third layer of cake and spread the remaining 1/3 of the frosting over it.
- Top with the pieces of the cake, sesame seed bar pieces and serve.