Thank you Syntages Panos for this chocolate and peanut butter delight!
For the cookie crust:
- Preheat oven to 180* C (350* F) Fan.
- Crush the cookies in a blender. Combine them with the melted butter in a bowl.
- Spread on the bottom of a 24 cm spring form pan and up the sides 4 cm in height.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and refrigerate to chill.
- If the crust has puffed up, pierce gently with a fork.
For the ganache:
- Place the heavy cream and finely chopped couverture in a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 1 minute, set at 800 watts. Mix every 20 seconds until the chocolate melts. Be careful not to let the chocolate burn.
For the filling:
- Remove the cookie crust from the refrigerator. Sprinkle with half of the hazelnuts. Add half of the ganache. Spread to cover all of the cookie crust. Reserve the other half of the ganache for the end.
- Beat the peanut butter and cream cheese with a hand mixer, in a bowl, until it becomes a light cream.
- Add the caster, sugar and vanilla. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the 250 g of whipped cream in batches and gently fold with a spatula. Add the chocolate chops at the end. Mix with spatula, just to distribute.
- Pour over the ganache and put in freezer for 1 hour, until firm.
- When ready, heat the reserved ganache and pour over the top. Smooth surface.
- Sprinkle with the remaining hazelnuts and chopped cookies.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours until the ganache chills.
- Remove the ring from the spring form pan. Cut into pieces and serve.