Photo credit: G. Drakopoulos - Food Styling: T. Webb
For the cake
- Preheat oven to 180* C (350* F) Fan.
- Grease and flour two 20 cm round cake pans.
- Whisk the egg, sugar and yogurt together in a bowl. Add the oil and continue whisking. Add the vanilla extract, coffee and cocoa powder. Whisk until all of the ingredients are completely incorporated in the mixture.
- Combine the flour with the baking soda, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl. Add to the cake batter.
- Whisk for another minute.
- Divide the mixture between the 2 cake pans.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until you insert a toothpick into the cake and it comes out clean and dry.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes in the cake pans. Turn out from cake pans onto a wire rack to cool completely.
For the ganache
- Heat the heavy cream until it almost comes to a boil.
- Put chocolate in a bowl. Add heated heavy cream.
- Let it sit for 1 minute and then stir until a smooth mixture is formed. Add the vanilla extract or liqueur.
- To assemble, spread the jam between the 2 cakes and cover with chocolate ganache.
- Decorate with fresh strawberries.