- 300 g cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 100 g hazelnuts
- 350 g penne pasta
- 2 eggs, medium
- 100 g low fat cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream 12% fat
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 1 egg yolk, boiled
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven to 200* C (390* F) Fan.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and transfer to a bowl.
- Add the olive oil and fresh thyme leaves. Toss to coat.
- Transfer to a 20x30 cm baking pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- In a food processor, beat the hazelnuts for a few seconds, until they are ground down to little pieces but do not finely grind.
- When the cauliflower is ready, remove from oven and add the finely ground hazelnuts.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Boil the penne pasta according to the instructions on the package.
- When ready, reserve 50 g of the pasta water and drain.
- Immediately transfer to a pot off heat and add the cauliflower and hazelnuts. Mix with a wooden spoon.
- In a bowl, whisk the 2 eggs. Add the cheese, heavy cream and 50 g of the reserved pasta water.
- Whisk and add to the pot. Mix until the pasta is completely coated in the sauce. Sprinkle with finely chopped parsley.
- Pass the boiled egg yolk through a sieve and sprinkle over pasta.
- Check seasoning and serve.
Nutrition information per 100 gr.
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.