- 250 g whole wheat fusilli pasta
- 60 g miso bean paste
- 20 g lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 red chili pepper
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 spring onions
- ¼ bunch basil
- ¼ bunch coriander
- 50 g tahini
- tomato, for serving
Whole Wheat Fusilli with Chili Tahini and Spices
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Bring a pot full of salted water to a boil and add the fusilli.
- Boil for 1 minute less than the directions on the package so they can be al dente.
- When ready, reserve some of the pasta water, drain and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, whisk the miso, lime juice and sesame oil in a bowl.
- Finely chop the chili pepper, garlic, spring onions, basil and coriander. Add them to the bowl.
- Continue whisking and add the tahini.
- Add the pasta to the bowl also and mix with a spoon.
- If the sauce seems too thick, add 50 g of the reserved pasta water. If you want it even thinner, add another 50 g of pasta water.
- Finely chop the tomato to serve over pasta.
- Season to taste and serve.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by