- 800 g – 1 kilo lobster, fresh or frozen
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 50 g cognac
- 1 chicken bouillon cube and 750 g water or 750 g chicken stock
- 2 tomatoes, grated
- 50 ml + 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 250 g spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- grated cheese (optional, for serving)
Sugar Free Diet
Limits all sources of added sugar and encourages the reduction of high carbohydrate foods that may even contain natural sugars. Usually substitutes are used, such as honey, stevia and agave syrup.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
I’m using a Canadian lobster because it has claws. Mediterranean lobsters don’t have claws and are called spiny lobsters.
- Place a pot over high heat and let it get very hot.
- Cut the onion into thick slices and thinly slice the garlic.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil to the hot pot along with the onion, garlic and sugar.
- Stir and sauté until the onions are nicely caramelized.
- Add the thyme and stir with a wooden spoon.
- Prepare the lobster.
- Cut it in half and clean out any dirt. Crush the claws with a knife so that they can release their juice into the sauce.
- Transfer to pot and sauté for 1-2 minutes, on both sides.
- Add the chili flakes and cognac.
- Wait a few minutes to allow the alcohol to evaporate and add the water and bouillon cube or stock.
- Lower heat, cover pot with lid so that the water doesn’t evaporate and simmer for 8 minutes until the lobster is done.
- When ready, remove lobster from pot and set aside.
- To the pot, add the tomato, thyme and 50 ml olive oil. Mix with a wooden spoon.
- Add the pasta to the sauce and stir for 10 minutes, until they are cooked. In this way they will soak up all of the flavor of the lobster.
- Use a spoon to help separate the flesh from the shell of the lobster but do not remove it. Cut off the claw and beat the large part with a knife to crack it open. Remove the small claw and pull out the flesh from the large claw.
- Remove pot from heat and serve the lobster over the pasta along with fresh basil, pepper and some extra virgin olive oil.
Nutrition information per 100 gr.
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.