- 500 g milk
- 20 g corn starch
- 250 g macaroni
- 100 g cheddar, grated
- 100 g mozzarella, grated
- 150 g cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 50 g basil, fresh, finely chopped
Caprese mac 'n' cheese
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat the oven to 180ο C (350ο F) set to fan.
- In a pot with boiling water add a pinch of salt, the elbow macaroni, and boil for 6 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and transfer it back to the pot.
For the sauce
- In a bowl, whisk 50 g of the milk with the cornstarch.
- In a saucepan, heat the remaining 450 g milk over medium heat, for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cornstarch mixture into the hot milk and stir over low heat until it becomes thick and smooth.
- Remove from the heat and add half of the cheddar, half of the mozzarella, the salt, and the pepper.
- Add the sauce into the pot with the macaroni.
- Add the cherry tomatoes cut in half, and the basil finely chopped.
- Transfer the mixture to a 20x30 cm ovenproof baking dish.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheddar and mozzarella.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by