- 250 g lasagne sheets
- 400 g green beans
- some olive oil, for sautéing
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 300 g country sausage, sliced diagonally
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 50 ml balsamic vinegar
- some pasta water
- 200 g feta cheese
- chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Greek yogurt, for serving
Rustique Country Lasagna
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Break up the lasagne sheets into uneven pieces.
- Fill a large pot with water, add salt and bring to a boil. Add the green beans and the lasagne pieces and boil for 7-8 minutes or until the pasta is done..
- Reserve a cup of pasta water. Drain and set aside.
- Let a large pan get very hot over low heat. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sauté the onion until it softens and turns golden.
- Add the sausage and sauté for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the rosemary, oregano, garlic and bukovo pepper flakes (if sausage isn't spicy) and sauté for 1 minute longer.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and about a spoonful of the reserved pasta water. The starch that has been released from the pasta in the water will help thicken our sauce.
- Add salt, pepper, honey and grated feta cheese. Stir to combine and taste and adjust honey or cheese according to your taste.
- Add the pasta and green beans and add salt and pepper if necessary.
- Garnish with yogurt and serve.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by